Kevin is the leader of McKinsey Digital in Greater China. Kevin primarily focuses on helping leading consumer-facing companies, as well as internet and technology leaders, develop competitive strategies and innovative operating models, enabled by digital technology.
Recent examples of Kevin’s work include:
- Helped a leading Chinese ecommerce platform player to optimize their retail (1P) and open platform (3P) business models. Built an automation and analytics back “middle office” capability to support their omni-channel, multi-format business model expansion.
- Advised several leading global consumer brand players to develop their China digital and omnichannel strategies (including channel strategies, consumer engagement models, data analytics, and core technology stacks for China). Formulated collaboration models with leading Internet ecosystem players.
- Helped a leading Chinese grocery retailer to design and scale up a new omnichannel business model, and build their digital and analytics middle-office capability to improve customer experience, merchandising, and retail operations effectiveness. Helped them to expand their supply chain capability and build a new B2B supply chain platform business.
- Advised several leading Chinese high tech manufacturing companies to develop global operating models, (including supporting their overseas M&A deals and integration. Helped them to digitize E2E business processes including R&D, supply chain, go-to-market (GTM), and support functions, in a multi-year process and IT transformation. Helped these manufacturers to evolve their GTM model to enable them to compete in China’s omnichannel retail environment. This included developing new retail format innovations.
- Advised leading global internet and tech companies to develop strategies and GTM models in China. Identified target segments, developed value propositions, and formed partnerships that enabled them to succeed in the China market.
Kevin leads McKinsey’s annual research into digital consumer behavior in China, is co-author of the McKinsey Global Institute’s landmark study of China’s digital economy, and is a prolific writer on technology topics in leading English and Chinese-language publications.