Kevin is a global leader of McKinsey’s NeXT Commerce initiative and co-leader of McKinsey Digital in Asia. He advises consumer-facing companies as well as internet and technology leaders, in the development of competitive strategies and innovative operating models enabled by digital technology.
Recent examples of Kevin’s work include:
- helping a leading Chinese e-commerce platform company optimize its retail and open-platform business models; building a digital-enabled “middle office” capability to support the omnichannel, multiformat business model expansion, supporting overseas market expansion
- advising several leading global consumer brands in developing digital-enabled business models, including omnichannel strategies, consumer-engagement models, data analytics, and core technology stacks, and formulating collaboration models with leading internet ecosystem groups
- helping a leading Chinese grocery retailer design and scale up a new omnichannel business model and build its digital and analytics middle-office capability to improve customer experience, merchandising, and retail operations effectiveness. In addition, he also helped the grocer expand its supply chain capabilities and build a new B2B platform business
- advising several leading Chinese high-tech manufacturing companies develop global operating models, supporting overseas M&A and integration, and helping digitize the end-to-end business processes, which included R&D, supply chain, go-to-market, and other support functions, in a multiyear process and IT transformation
- advising leading global internet and tech companies to develop strategies and go-to-market models in China by identifying target segments, developing value propositions, and forming partnerships to establish successful market presence
Kevin leads McKinsey’s annual research into digital consumer behavior in China, is a coauthor of the McKinsey Global Institute’s landmark study of China’s digital economy and is a prolific writer on technology topics in leading English and Chinese-language publications.