Jan-Christoph co-leads McKinsey’s sales and channel work globally. Over the past decade, he has worked at the forefront of digital disruption in the automotive, commercial-vehicle, and high-tech industries—including cars, construction vehicles, high-tech machines, networks, suppliers, trucks, and telecommunications services.
Jan-Christoph’s areas of expertise include digitization, go-to-market overhauls, retail transformations, acceleration through advanced analytics and big data, and performance boosts. His client work spans digital-growth strategies to product and pricing strategies driven by advanced analytics, commercial-excellence initiatives, dealer performance-management programs, and sales-boost programs across Africa, China, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
Examples of Jan-Christoph’s recent work include:
- shaping the future global market setup of a leading car manufacturer
- transforming the marketing and sales organization of a global telecommunications company to drive above-market growth
- boosting the profitability of an automotive-volume OEM by accelerating traditional product marketing through advanced analytics
- driving short-term profitability by implementing a short-term sales and margin-push program for a high-tech manufacturer
- developing the global sales and marketing strategy of an automotive OEM to face the coming digital disruption
- helping a global automotive supplier redefine its market approach to capture digital-growth opportunities
- transforming how a high-tech manufacturer tackled its marketing and sales
- creating a customer-centric growth strategy for a global tire manufacturer, including the build up of an online channel
- implementing a global automotive manufacturer’s boost program to improve dealer-performance