Guang helps biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and various types of healthcare organizations on topics relevant to therapeutic innovation. He coleads McKinsey’s work in cell and gene therapy efforts around the globe and is a leader of the McKinsey Cancer Center.
With deep expertise and experiences across modalities and therapeutic areas, Guang’s work covers the full value chain of innovative therapeutics from discovery-stage platform strategy through development-stage asset optimization and manufacturing, operations, and commercialization or reimbursement considerations. In addition, Guang supports venture-capital, private-equity and services leaders in life sciences to enable and accelerate therapeutic advancement.
Examples of his recent client engagement include the following:
- supporting several platform-based biotechs in developing portfolio strategy
- designing a clinical-development strategy for an innovative asset with multi-indication potential
- performing multiple preacquisition due diligences on products, platforms, and services companies for private-equity and pharmaceutical clients, as well as integration support post transaction
- leading innovation and growth strategy for several life sciences-services leaders, including contract-development manufacturing companies, instruments, etc.
- working with several pharmaceutical companies to transform R&D, operations, and commercial organizations across North America, Europe, and Asia, including designing the operating model for innovative modalities such as gene therapy