Florian is a core leader of McKinsey’s digital and analytics work, coleading the firm’s efforts for European travel, logistics, and infrastructure industries, as well as the firm’s technology platforms areas, such as enterprise-resource planning (ERP), transportation-management systems, and warehouse-management system solutions. He also heads McKinsey’s digital and analytics work in Austria.
Florian brings many years of tech experience to his work helping a wide range of companies transform their business models to win in the digital era. He helps organizations develop digital and analytics strategies and define and implement the technology platforms needed to utilize them.
His experience spans travel, logistics, high-tech, heavy industries, energy, chemicals, and the public sector. He helps clients on topics such as strategic decision making in the digital space, end-to-end tech modernization and transformation, ensures value delivery of technology-platform implementations in complex ERP and SaaS solutions, and digital business building.
Florian’s recent client work includes the following examples:
- developed product feature and platform strategy for a leading global software company
- developed a holistic end-to-end digital-transformation strategy for a leading distributor
- led transformation of IT service provider toward a product-based operating model
- led successful technology enablement through SAP implementation at a glass manufacturer
- conducted a feasibility study of a full SaaS-based IT platform strategy for an oil and gas company
- led the turnaround of a retailer’s failing €100 million SAP implementation
- developed the digital strategy for a midtier freight forwarder
- led commercial due diligence of a logistics-software company for a global private-equity fund
- led strategy definition for a North American railway’s technology modernization