Dan is the global leader of McKinsey’s data and analytics work for pharmaceutical and life-science companies. He leverages his data-analytics expertise and deep industry knowledge to advise leaders and chief digital and analytics officers of life-science businesses on their strategies and operating models. He also works extensively with digital and analytics organizations on transforming and innovating their capabilities for today’s dynamic healthcare and technology landscape.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- helping a top ten pharmaceutical company’s North America commercial-analytics function design and implement a three-year capability transformation road map, including a cleansheet-organizational redesign and rollout of a comprehensive training program on consulting skills for all personnel
- assisting a leading life-science company with the creation of a digital center of excellence and operating-model design
- working with a leading pharmaceutical company to develop an enterprise digital-health strategy to deliver $3 billion in revenue from digital and analytics opportunities in a five-year span
- supporting a leading healthcare company’s program to identify new business models to monetize its data assets
- helping a major pharmaceutical company develop an enterprise advanced-analytics strategy, operating model, and implementation road map to drive a more than 10 percent incremental-earnings increase from prioritized analytics-use cases over three years
- assisting a leading pharmaceutical company in identifying and delivering more than $500 million in incremental earnings from two underperforming businesses, using proprietary analytics offerings for sales-force optimization and managed-markets analytics