Curt helps propel growth by simplifying technology landscapes, unlocking the power of data, and supercharging employee productivity with digital tools. His work spans digital topics in multiple fields, such as location-based entertainment companies, film and television providers, basic materials and mining organizations, and software companies.
Throughout his work, Curt helps executives modernize technology to better support growth strategies. He also supports Chief Information Officers adapt to their rapidly evolving roles and generate higher-quality demand for their services.
Examples of Curt’s recent client work include the following:
- Leading a recovery-analytics development for an oil sands miner, giving operators a data-driven tool to recommend plant settings that optimize product quality
- helping a theme park redefine its in-park experience for ticketing, guest services, and dining
- helping a global theme park operator deploy operational structure in support of a new international building project, including back-office process and in-park operational processes such as attraction safety
- designing and deploying an operating model for a nascent basic materials data science organization, including talent acquisition, existing talent upskilling, and technical career paths
- helping a private equity-owned broadcast services provider find new areas of growth using emerging technologies as the core of the strategy, including assessing market value, recommending operating-model changes, and redefining cloud strategy and financial outcome definition
- leading digital distribution transformation for a film studio, developing a customized, cloud-based rights management and financial accounting solution to help the company adapt to changing content distribution business models.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Curt worked for more than 20 years in a range of executive and technical roles for consulting organizations and pioneering software companies in China, Europe, Japan, and the United States.