Csaba brings a decade of experience in serving major telecommunications companies across Europe. He has helped clients deliver major revenue improvements by shaping bold growth strategies, strengthening their commercial positions, and harnessing data analytics to rethink their customer segmentation and go-to-market approaches.
Examples of his recent work include:
- Helping a major European telecom operator develop and execute its fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) strategy for multiple subsidiaries, as well as a comprehensive go-to-market roadmap. The work included defining value propositions, data analytics and customer relationship management (CRM), and channel execution.
- Developing a multi-brand strategy for a Southern European integrated operator with multiple fixed and mobile brands. The work included detailed customer segmentation and quantitative brand preference analysis, and defined the go-to-market, steering and governance model for the entire brand portfolio.
- Shaping a repositioning strategy for a Western European mobile operator, including developing an innovative, data-centric product portfolio and communication strategy for its main brand based on in-depth, quantitative market research.
- Building a world-class customer lifecycle management (CLM) organization and engine for a Western European mobile operator to boost its prepaid mobile business. The work included designing the customer proposition using agile principles, developing churn models based on advanced analytics, and automating campaign activity.
- Assessing the strategic rationale of a cross-border merger of two multi-national telecom operators by quantifying revenue- and cost-side synergies and evaluating execution risks.
- Building the business plan and go-to-market strategy of a potential new-entrant mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), and developing a negotiation strategy with its possible hosting network operators.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Csaba worked in the credit department of IBM Global Financing.