As an advanced insights leader for Periscope by McKinsey, Chris maps consumer behavior to help CPG clients build new growth strategies using smart analytics tools to find pockets of growth in a mature market. He helps clients spot new white spaces, simulate new products, and optimize pricing, promotions, and assortments.
Chris developed our best-in-class transferable revenue growth management (RGM) and machine-learning segmentation approach, contributing hugely to our IP, and is currently spearheading the development of a cloud-based tool for clients to rapidly identify emerging trends, model innovative products, and maximize marketing spending across their portfolios.
Examples of Chris’ recent client work include:
- Guiding a multi-year growth transformation for a leading quick service restaurant (QSR), resulting in > $40bn market capitalization
- Developing the pricing strategy for a major skin care company
- Driving the portfolio strategy and spending optimization for a childcare company
- Leading category strategy and assortment optimization for a North American food company
- Designing a new product-innovation strategy for a North American spice company
- Defining a market-map-based assortment for a global cosmetics company
- Formulating an in-store marketing and brand-optimization strategy for a beverage player
- Creating a pricing strategy for a discount retailer
Prior to joining McKinsey, Chris worked for the Altria Group for 10 years across the marketing, pricing, analytic, and strategy functions.