Brian is a partner in McKinsey’s Boston office and a member of the Real Estate and Private Equity & Principal Investors Practices.
Brian serves private market clients across the investment cycle on strategic, distribution, and investment topics, including investment managers, developers, operators, institutional investors, and private equity groups. Brian leads McKinsey’s private markets research and leads communications for the Real Estate and Private Equity & Principal Investors Practices. Brian also hosts Deal Volume, McKinsey’s private markets podcast.
Some of his recent client work includes the following:
- transforming the investment management business of a leading vertically integrated real estate company, including setting a new operating model, redesigning the organization, and overhauling the capital markets function
- optimizing the real estate operating model for scalability for a large privately funded real estate group
- leading growth strategy effort for a regional multifamily developer
- defining the product strategy for a leading real estate technology company
- designing the private equity investment strategy for a large US pension
- conducting commercial due diligence on a range of topics for a US middle-market private equity group
- setting up the private equity business for a newly established multiasset private markets company
Brian has spent over 12 years in the real estate and private equity space as an institutional investor, investment consultant, and management consultant. Earlier in his career, he consulted endowments, foundations, and family offices on investment strategy and manager selection before helping found an investment office for a university.
Brian also spent time at a digital marketing agency within the residential real estate brokerage space.