Alex has served healthcare providers and integrated delivery networks on a broad range of topics, including corporate strategy, M&A, and operations. She also has experience across a range of provider types, including public-sector clients, academic medical centers, and children’s hospitals.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- valuing an academic medical center system’s potential purchase of a local competing hospital system and advising the client on negotiating posture given likely competitive bids
- defining potential partnership models and joint strategic opportunities focused on market growth and efficiency improvements for two hospital systems
- developing the initial combined market-growth strategy for a health system jointly formed by a medical school and its affiliated teaching hospital
- designing a major payer’s portfolio strategy for payment innovation, reviewing its portfolio of payment-innovation strategies, assessing the strategies for potential impact and scaling feasibility, and recommending changes to the approaches portfolio for better strategic-goal achievement
- leading the specialty-access and patient-experience diagnostic for an academic medical center and supporting subsequent recommendation implementation
Prior to rejoining McKinsey in its Washington, DC, location, Alex was an investment analyst with Essex Woodlands, a growth-equity and venture-capital firm based in New York, where she focused on investments in healthcare services and medical technology. Alex was also a business analyst in McKinsey’s New Jersey office.