Alejandro is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Santiago office and coleads our Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Peru.
Since joining the firm in 1998, Alejandro has advised companies in several strategic challenges in their pursuit to strengthen their competitive position. He has also helped them in various performance-improvement programs to improve profitability. Alejandro has worked in a variety of sectors, including financial services, manufacturing, mining, retail, and telecom.
Examples of his recent work include the following:
- developing a five-year strategic plan for a major multinational consumer-goods company in Latin America, delivering 8 percent growth (where growth had been flat before) and helping to recover lost market share in the first year
- guiding an organizational-restructuring effort for a major Latin American company, including setting a new structure and defining roles, responsibilities, decision rights, coordination mechanisms, and the change-management approach
- developing a digital strategy for a financial institution in Chile, leading to accelerated growth and an improved customer experience
- leading an effort to digitalize end-to-end processes for a financial institution in Chile
- designing an operational-transformation program for a basic-materials company in Chile, resulting in significant productivity improvements that were successfully scaled throughout the entire company’s operations
Interested in the economic health of the region, Alejandro partnered with the McKinsey Global Institute, in 2010 and 2014, to publish a report on improving the productivity of the Chilean economy. The study was quoted in several publications, including the Economist.
Alejandro is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.