Christian works primarily in the energy and basic-materials sectors throughout Europe and Africa. He leads the joint venture between our Oil & Gas and Strategy & Corporate Finance Practices in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. A key contributor to McKinsey’s work on energy strategy, he helps clients boost value creation through ambitious strategies and performance transformations.
In addition to helping shape their strategies, Christian advises clients on portfolio choices, business-unit strategies, organizational issues, and how to harness value from digital technology. When working with clients to improve their performance, he supports all phases of the transformation—from shaping its themes to supporting its implementation.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- advising multiple global oil and gas companies on how to enhance their corporate performance and drive growth, including explorations strategy, portfolio strategy, growth and innovation, capital allocation, and regulatory strategy
- supporting multiple global oil and gas companies with performance and organizational transformations, including all phases, from diagnostic to design and implementation
- working with power utilities to reshape their growth strategies and portfolios, in the context of an accelerating energy transition and new opportunities within renewables and downstream
- shaping the digital strategy and transformation together with a basic materials company, including identifying the value potential that digital technology offers and addressing its underlying enablers
- conducting commercial due diligence for private-equity companies across the energy and industrials landscape