Koen helps lead McKinsey’s Capital Excellence Practice in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, helping clients reverse the trend of increasing capital expenditure while increasing productivity and execution performance.
His recent experience includes:
- Reducing third-party spend through category-by-category procurement programs at a major oil & gas company, a steel company, and an automotive company
- Improving the value of a number of multi-billion dollar process-industry related investments; the work included applying design-to-value approaches and transforming the way of working
- Implementing modular designs for sub-sea and gas processing units and setting up modularization programs
- Advising oil companies on work force planning, engineering productivity, and organization improvement
- Defining innovation strategies for major and mid-sized oil and gas companies, an oil field equipment supplier, a semiconductor company, a consumer goods company, and a research institute
- Developing growth strategies for an international engineering, procurement, and construction company
Before joining McKinsey, Koen spent nine years at VDL Enabling Technologies Group as a project manager, yard manager, Asia procurement manager, and system integration manager.
Passionate about youth education, and financial education in particular, Koen is a member of the board of Child & Youth Finance International; the organization aims to help young people increase their economic citizenship—giving them the knowledge they need to make wise financial decisions, an opportunity to accumulate savings, and the necessary skills to find employment, earn a livelihood, and ultimately break the cycle of poverty.