Vidhya leads McKinsey’s work on digital government and the digital economy in Asia. In this capacity, she helps government agencies employ digital technology to deliver new services and improve existing ones, while operating more efficiently and with greater transparency.
Since joining McKinsey, Vidhya has guided large-scale government-transformation programs which span the social, economic, and financial sectors. In low- and middle-income nations, these transformations include leveraging technology for the improvement of education and healthcare.
In addition to her public-sector work, Vidhya also advises high-tech and telecommunications companies. In these sectors, she guides digital strategy and implementation projects and advises on issues such as building new digital businesses and achieving business potential from social media, big data and analytics, and e-commerce.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- supporting several Asian governments to develop their digital-economy blueprint
- helping a Scandinavian government evaluate their digital maturity and develop a national digital government and digitalization agenda
- assisting the government of an Asian country with the design and development of a transformation program that focuses on national priorities, addressing issues such as crime and corruption and transforming the state of education
- charting the contributions that a multinational technology company could make to the “smart city” agenda, helping to create a self-assessment survey for their clients to determine how well they are embracing digitally disruptive technologies
- managing several digital strategy and implementation projects for a large regional telecommunications company, including setting the overall strategy for building a digital business unit from scratch
Vidhya has led a masterclass on the future of digital government at several meetings of the Global Government Summit, an annual event for senior government leaders and ministers from around the world. She has also served as a fellow with the McKinsey Center for Government, a global hub for research, collaboration, and innovation in government performance. Vidhya publishes frequently on the digital opportunities for improving government.