Since joining McKinsey, Assem has been supporting oil and gas (O&G) companies in different geographies, including Angola, Australia, Norway, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States. She was a pioneer in applying advanced analytics to solve the operational challenges of O&G companies.
Examples of her recent client projects include the following:
- developing digital-transformation road maps to address business priorities and capture value for O&G companies
- leading the development of an advanced-analytics solution, applying agile delivery methodology
- supporting digital business building for a large corporation
- designing a holistic cost-reduction program, focusing on selling, general, and administrative expenses, for an O&G engineering, procurement, and construction company
- developing a growth strategy for an O&G company and its oil-field-services and equipment subsidiaries
- delivering a holistic profitability-improvement program for a drilling and completions business unit, resulting in a 20 percent profitability increase
- designing and implementing a cost-reduction program for an O&G subsea-equipment-manufacturing company through a design-to-value approach, saving 30 percent of the manufacturing cost
Prior to joining McKinsey, Assem worked for 7 years at one of the world’s largest oil-field-services companies, in both Germany and Denmark.