Amy helps lead McKinsey’s work in basic materials in Asia. She has extensive client experience serving both state-owned Chinese enterprises and multinational companies in the metals and mining and adjacent sectors on issues of market assessment, strategy, and growth.
Amy works with clients in assessing the market development for commodities—especially coal, iron ore, aluminum, and copper—in China annually, including the impact of China’s supply and demand, regulatory evolution, and structural advantages and disadvantages. She has also led the development of proprietary models and databases covering the coal industry in China, including demand model, cost curve, and supply database.
Some of her recent and notable client work includes:
- partnering with one of China’s largest mining companies to define its overall corporate strategy
- helping one of China’s largest energy companies develop its coal beneficial-use strategy
- partnering with one of China’s largest commodity trading companies to develop its five-year strategy
- supporting a multinational mining company in understanding the coal market outlook and uncertainties in China
- helping a leading European mining technology and equipment producer to develop its strategy in China and other major markets
- supporting the world’s leading industrial gas company to assess the steel industry in China and develop its growth strategies