Thibaut focuses on corporate strategy, new technologies, and company-shaping transformations with global reach. Since joining McKinsey, he has been working with clients across Europe, Asia, the Americas, and Africa on tackling the major shifts in value pools coming from energy transition, evolving decarbonization roadmaps, new technologies, and digital assets.
Examples of his recent work include the following:
- defining the decarbonization approach to several sectors for a leading B2B energy company with focus on transition toward low-carbon fuels and e-mobility
- shaping the future strategy and subsequent transformation of a European integrated oil-and-gas company, focusing on decarbonization and energy transition
- leading a multiyear “full-potential” journey across more than 12 countries for a leading global energy group
- defining new data ecosystems across industries—automotive, aviation, healthcare—with a leading technology and analytics company
- defining value propositions and key application areas for analytics across industrial subverticals
- supporting a multiyear transformation of an automotive group, including a shift toward e-mobility
- supporting the shaping of an autonomous driving strategy of several leading OEMs
- updating perspectives on investment trends and customer needs around future mobility technology, including published articles, keynote speeches, and lectures
Prior to joining McKinsey, Thibaut earned a PhD in particle physics as a member of the ATLAS Experiment at CERN. A dual citizen of France and Germany, he speaks English, French, and German.