Wilson advises clients in the industrial, distribution, chemical, and agriculture industries, helping them drive profitable growth through marketing and sales improvement and other strategic and commercial levers. He also helps clients harness new digital and advanced-analytics capabilities to drive growth. Wilson leads McKinsey’s B2B commercial-analytics work, which is transforming the way companies leverage the power of big data to drive profitable growth.
Examples of his recent client engagements include the following:
- supporting a global distributor’s commercial analytics transformation, which delivered $60 million in-year impact and more than $100 million run-rate impact on $300 million earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA)
- developing a global chemical manufacturer’s pricing strategy, including value pricing for specialty products and game theory for how to handle new global capacity in commodity markets, which delivered more than $200 million EBITDA growth over two years
- leading an agriculture retailer’s end-to-end pricing transformation, including a big data pricing solution, frontline-capability building, and performance-management systems, which identified a $100 million opportunity and captured a $15 million lift in in-year EBITDA
- supporting a leading logistics company’s analytics transformation, including identification of 20,000 new leads and granular price-elasticity modeling that drove a more than $100 million lift in EBITDA
- leading a specialty-chemical company’s performance transformation, which raised EBITDA by 500 basis points through a combination of profit improvement and growth levers
- designing a sales-force-effectiveness strategy and execution plan to reduce 20 percent of costs
- conducting a pricing-and-sales diagnostic for multiple business units at a global food ingredients supplier, with resulting identification of a return on sales of more than 3 percent in each business unit
Wilson serves on the board of visitors at Davidson College.