Shivanand is a partner in McKinsey's Mumbai office and a core leader in our Growth, Marketing & Sales Practice. He works with a variety of B2B and B2C companies in sectors including chemicals, high tech, software, consumer, and industrials, helping deliver growth through commercial excellence.
Shivanand has extensive cross-cultural experience, having worked with clients in over 50 countries since he joined the firm in 2007. He worked in the Singapore, Brussels, and New York offices before moving back to India.
Examples of his recent work includes the following:
- building an urban water services company with a leading sustainability-focused investment fund
- leading a pricing improvement program for a global IT services company against the backdrop of increasing inflation in operating costs
- establishing a global pricing strategy and identifying new growth opportunities for a Chilean industrial company
- developing the national account strategy for a private-equity-owned pharmacy benefits aggregator in the United States to double its growth rate
- designing and implementing a margin improvement program for a B2B financial services brokerage firm
- leading the commercial excellence program at a chemical leader in Europe, Asia, and the Americas
Outside of work, Shiv is a big foodie, an avid collector of Indian classical vinyl records, a passionate fan of the Indian cricket team and a keen practitioner of meditation and yoga.