Hagar brings deep expertise in organizational design and the application of agile methodologies to address organizational challenges. Since joining McKinsey in 2006, she has served a range of clients in the private and public sectors.
To guide successful change, Hagar helps leaders translate strategic directives into organizational design. She also drives McKinsey’s thinking on bringing agile approaches to support functions and governments. She has particular expertise in helping public sector institutions appreciate how shifting organizational operating models can boost performance.
A hands-on leader, Hagar facilitates conversations at all levels to help make broad changes at the top and throughout the organization.
Examples of Hagar’s recent client work include the following:
- architecting a new operating model and a multiyear transformation of a European postal company in a transitioning market
- designing an agile operating model and aligning the top team of a leading consumer goods company to drive the next wave of growth
- supporting a university hospital in establishing a more agile governance design and pursuing transformation
- driving performance in a city government by setting up agile teams and coaching them in agile ways of working
- designing an agile operating model for a leading retail bank in the Netherlands to both improve the customer experience and boost productivity
- creating a future strategy and organizational design for a European bank.
A certified scrum master, Hagar is a facilitator for McKinsey's Organizational Agility Forum. She worked in theater and government before joining McKinsey, and is currently a member of the supervisory board of a foundation focused on art, culture, and policy in the Netherlands.