Gregor is the Africa managing partner based out of the Johannesburg office. Prior to this he was the managing partner of McKinsey Digital in Asia Pacific and has broad experience in banking and insurance and focuses on insurance, asset management, and pension reform. Additionally, he led the European Insurance and Asset Management Practice and was the managing partner of the Frankfurt office. Gregor has nearly 25 years of global experience in having a transformational impact across industries.
His recent engagements have included:
- Transforming healthcare systems and individual institutions with a strong focus on their sustainability as well as technology agenda
- Supporting more than 40 transformational programs with leading financial and non-financial institutions globally, including IT and risk transformations
- Developing and implementing digital strategies for leading institutions across industries
- Leading the development of “attack”/greenfield business models
- Supporting more than ten post-merger programs on integrating institutions including the respective IT merger and working on the sustainability strategy and green business building
- Designing strategies for sovereign wealth funds across all asset classes
Prior to McKinsey, Gregor worked for universal banks in the area of wholesale and retail banking.