Based in our Paris office, Celine is the global leader of McKinsey’s sustainability work in product development and procurement. Her work focuses on transformations that implement environmentally-sustainable operations and reduction of carbon emissions for organizations along their entire value chain.
Celine focuses on consumer clients across Europe and beyond, solving challenges related to balancing profitability, innovation, and environmental sustainability. She implements regular coaching and capability building of clients and their team members to help embed the transformation to deliver long-term improvements for profitability, people, and the environment.
Examples of Celine’s recent work include the following:
- leading a sustainable procurement transformation that developed a cradle-to-gate carbon cleansheet for a food producer, comparing the carbon footprint of meat and alternative proteins; also developed a capability building program for procurement function on environmentally sustainable procurement principles
- aligning environmental sustainability goals with the executive board strategy of a consumer packaged goods (CPG) company by running competitive benchmarks to guide environmental aspirations
- using a sustainable product development approach to optimize packaging for both cost and carbon footprint in the consumer industry, and support refining the product value proposition and brand communication
- developing a consortium of CPG companies and their tier-n suppliers to work together to compile scope-three primary data and baseline transparency, subsequently developing a supplier collaboration program to jointly improve their carbon footprint
- leading a category and procurement transformation to capture three-times target savings for a large chemicals company in the US and Europe during a transformation wave on direct spending
- revamping the sourcing and supplier management capability building program for a procurement organization, developing new skills for team members on procurement, request for quote, negotiation, and design-to-value
- developing a pipeline of design-to-value idea generation interventions across 40 categories for large CPG companies—including development of complexity reduction recommendations, packaging and formula alignment to customer’s willingness to pay, or ingredients recipe optimizations; and running a ‘design-to-sustainability’ approach for consumer companies combining how to enrich product features with sustainability elements while creating additional value for consumers
Celine is fluent in English and French, and knowledgeable in German, Hindi, and Mandarin.