Axel advises technology, media, and telecommunications companies on a broad array of issues related to technology, strategy, and operations. He is leader of the Operations Practice in Europe and global co-convener of the practice. Axel previously led McKinsey’s Sweden office; the firm’s high tech work in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; and the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice in the Asia–Pacific region.
Drawing on his deep knowledge of technology-enabled operations, Axel often advises clients on issues related to cost cutting, digital transformations, agile organization, product development, and supply chain.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- helping a leading telecommunications client dramatically cut costs while moving to an agile organization model
- advising a telecommunications group on how to set up a digital transformation over the coming 5 years while simultaneously undergoing rapid cost restructuring
- assisting a leading telecommunications-network-equipment company develop its corporate strategy and undertake a reorganization
- supporting the adoption of an agile software-development model for a high-tech company
- helping a media client reinvent its business model and launch a digital transformation
- assisting a leading high-tech company leverage its big data assets to create new service lines for its customers
- improving purchasing and optimizing R&D processes for a global data-storage company—yielding cost reductions averaging 30 percent across several categories