Amit coleads McKinsey’s Private Equity & Principal Investors Practice and leads the firm’s consumer-finance work. He is also a core member of the payments and risk team. Amit helps diverse investors and financial-services companies with consumer-finance and risk-management issues, including strategy, compliance, restructuring, and credit risk, among others. He is a leading thinker on consumer credit, payments, and small-business banking.
Examples of Amit’s recent client work include the following:
- assisting a leading global credit-card issuer with strategy matters such as developing a detailed cost allocation and charge-out framework for the IT organization, resulting in increased transparency and reprioritization of the development budget
- creating a multichannel lead-generation and sales approach for a small business-card franchise
- redesigning a marketing funnel to improve the preapproved-acquisition channel, achieving a 20 percent improvement in new accounts and a 10 percent reduction in costs
- assisting a North American branch-based lender with a restructuring that covered operations in seven states, with a mortgage, home-equity, auto, and personal-loan book of more than $1 billion
- helping a large information-services company undertake a pricing-improvement program that resulted in a $30 million earnings improvement
- working with a leading consumer-finance company to develop a growth playbook for multiple asset classes, including store financing, home equity, personal loan, and subprime auto loan
- helping a major call-center-portfolio company undertake a digital and analytics transformation that resulted in an earnings increase of more than $100 million
In addition to his client work, Amit is a frequent author and speaker at industry events.