What are McKinsey’s main publications?
McKinsey publishes across a variety of platforms, and the great majority of our external content is available here on McKinsey.com. This includes articles, white papers, reports, videos, and podcasts. This site is also the home of McKinsey Quarterly and the McKinsey Global Institute:
- For more than 50 years, the Quarterly has set the agenda for top managers globally. It includes articles, video, audio, and other content from McKinsey consultants and external experts. For more information, please visit McKinsey Quarterly.
- The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) is our business and economics research arm. Established in 1990, MGI provides leaders in the commercial, public, and social sectors with facts and insights. For more information, please visit MGI.
Can I reprint or distribute McKinsey publications?
McKinsey.com users can download and print PDF copies of our publications for personal-business, educational, and informational purposes.
Academic institutions may request permission to reprint or distribute content on McKinsey.com through Copyright Clearance Center (CCC). To request permission, please visit Copyright.com.
Nonacademic organizations may request permission by writing to email@example.com. Please allow two to four weeks for us to review and reply to your request.
We do not authorize the use of our content for promotional, sales, or marketing purposes. Please note that we do not supply customized reprints.
How do I obtain permission to republish an article or an excerpted exhibit?
McKinsey allows select publications to republish our articles and exhibits, subject to approval. To request permission to republish an article or exhibit, online or in print, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- title and publication date of the article or exhibit you would like to republish
- name and brief background of your organization
- where online you intend to post the material, the print run of your publication, or the number of photocopies you wish to distribute
- for excerpted exhibits, details of the context in which the exhibit will appear (for example, the chapter or section and the surrounding text)
- contact name for your permissions manager, if applicable
Please note that our reprint licensing policy does not permit altering articles in any way, translating them into other languages, or creating edited excerpts or summaries. We allow select publications to excerpt our exhibits, subject to approval.
We ask that our content be used only for educational, informational, or editorial purposes. We do not authorize the use of our content for sales, marketing, business, or promotional purposes.
Please allow two to four weeks for us to review and reply to your request.
What is the McKinsey Insights app?
The McKinsey Insights app provides mobile access to our publications, including McKinsey Quarterly, McKinsey Global Institute reports, and articles from across our industry, capabilities, and practices.
The McKinsey Insights app makes it easy to browse content by industry, capability, region, or theme; save material to your reading list; share content via email and social networks; and receive notifications when new content is published. Optional registration on the app allows you to personalize the experience by focusing on the topics that interest you.
Does McKinsey accept article submissions?
While the majority of our articles are written by McKinsey consultants and alumni, we do accept submissions from external thought leaders and practitioners. The bar is the same for all authors: we look for thinking that is novel, useful, and rigorously substantiated. For external contributors, we also attach weight to work that sheds light on topics that are a priority for our firm and to submissions from recognized leaders in their field.
To explore whether McKinsey might be interested in publishing your work, please email us at email@example.com. We review both drafts and proposals. If your submission holds promise, we will be in touch to discuss the content and clarify our editorial process.