Fumiaki brings deep expertise in wealth and asset management, enterprise wide digital transformation, and new buisness building combined with a strong focus on change management. He leverages this knowledge to counsel clients on a spectrum of financial services issues.
Prominent examples of his work included the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of digital transformation at scale
- Developing strategy for launch of digital banks by major regional banks
- Leading new business development leveraging eco systems
- Planning the emerging market-entry strategy for a major regional bank
- Supporting a life insurance company’s operating-model transformation to meet new customer behaviors and regulatory requirements
Fumiaki is passionate about driving change at large organizations—whether financial institutions or retail and consumer-facing companies—while enhancing the value proposition to a range of stakeholders. This includes improving customer experience, providing new skill sets for employees, establishing new performance metrics and incentive structures, and implementing holistic change-management programs that transform client mindsets and practices.
In addition, Fumiaki advises senior executive clients on driving digital adoption, innovation, and large-scale transformation, including advanced analytics-use cases and ecosystem architecture. He has guided digitization for an incumbent financial institution, where he leveraged advanced analytics to transform credit underwriting and collections and accelerate a company-wide digital transformation.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Fumiaki was manager for the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group where he advised food-and-alcoholic beverage manufacturers as corporate and investment banking RM.