We welcome applications from students from all degree backgrounds in their first year (or second year if enrolled in a four-year degree) of university in the United Kingdom and Ireland, who come from a disadvantaged background.
This may encompass a variety of experiences, including but not limited to: being the first generation in one’s family to attend university, being eligible for free school meals or growing up in a low-income household.
To apply, please submit your CV (two-page maximum) by April 28, 2024. On your CV, you should include the following:
- Contact information – Full name, address, mobile number and email address
- Education – Include the university you attend, subject you study and qualifications (along with dates)
- Please also include your A-level subjects and grades (or equivalent); there is no need to list each GCSE grade separately
- Work experience – List any kind of work experience you’ve had – part-time jobs, internships, volunteer roles, etc. We’d encourage you to think about any experience where you’ve gained skills.
- Extra-curricular and interests – Include specific hobbies, clubs you’ve been part of and any leadership positions. We want to learn more about you and your specific passions!
Once you've submitted your CV, you will receive a link to complete Solve, McKinsey's assessment game.
Please note participation in the programme is based on a self-identification of satisfying the above criteria. Providing details on your social or economic background is not mandatory and entirely voluntary.