Alpesh leads McKinsey’s Digital Capability Center (DCC) in Asia Pacific, he collaborates with colleagues to pursue cutting-edge insights on Industry 4.0, including IoT, robotics, advanced analytics, and design thinking.
Alpesh has extensive experience in manufacturing, automotive and motorsports, and logistics, as well as in the public sector. He holds a L2 certification in operations, manufacturing; and is one of the core Industry 4.0 leaders in Asia, helping companies by leveraging knowledge from the DCCs, including the following examples:
- leading an Industry 4.0 diagnostic and roadmap for an aerospace engine maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) company
- leading the Industry 4.0 implementation of digital performance management and condition monitoring in a group of precision engineering small and medium size enterprises
- defining the Industry 4.0 transformation program for a front-end semiconductor plant, including deployment of digital performance engine, industrial IoT, and automation solutions
- driving the Industry 4.0 walkthrough at a motorsports company with a focus on product development, assembly 4.0, and supplier management
- performing the Industry 4.0 diagnostic with identification of key improvement opportunities and roadmap for a back-end semiconductor plant
- setting up Port 4.0 vision and roadmap for a large port company
Before joining McKinsey in 2011 Alpesh worked for Ferrari’s Formula One team for seven years. As a senior aerodynamicist, he developed key areas of the car and helped transfer knowledge to the road car product development division. Prior to this, he worked for a startup, where he led the development of the flow simulation software used in the turbomachinery, automotive, and aerospace sectors.
A native French speaker, Alpesh is fluent in English and Italian. Outside of work, he is an entrant to the IAME Series Asia go-karting championship since 2019, and an avid foodie.