Alex is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Bucharest office and the leader of our digital and analytics growth platform in Central Europe. After finishing his university studies in Spain and the UK, he returned to Romania and has since focused on helping companies in Romania and the wider Central European region develop and create value through business-driven, customer-centric digital transformations.
Since joining McKinsey in early 2011, Alex has held an array of roles and has served a diverse range of leading companies across multiple industries both at home and abroad. As the leader of McKinsey’s work in Romania, he also directs the firm’s efforts to attract, develop, and retain Romania’s best talent and contribute to the country’s long-term competitiveness.
Examples of Alex’s recent client work include the following:
- coordinating the multiyear digital-transformation programs of several leading Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) retail banks
- designing a customer value management approach driven by advanced analytics for a leading telco in Central Europe
- supporting the digitization of several customer journeys for leading CEE retail banks
- designing the comprehensive commercial strategy for the small business segment of an Eastern European bank
- running a company-wide, multiyear operational excellence transformation program for a leading insurance company in CEE
- developing a turnaround strategy—including sensitivity analysis and implementation preparation—for a CEE retail bank
Alex is a CFA charterholder. He previously worked as a management consultant for a global strategy consulting firm and as an investment banker for an international bank.