Grounded in a deep passion for consumers and growth, Thomas has supported consumer and retail clients across Asia–Pacific and Europe for over a decade to help achieve commercial and growth aspirations.
Thomas serves clients across a broad set of consumer-facing sectors, including groceries, consumer-packaged goods, retail, retail banking, and insurance. His expertise includes working with senior leaders to develop data-driven commercial optimization, loyalty and customer engagement, growth strategies, and execution.
Beyond serving clients on commercial objectives, Thomas is deeply passionate about consumer trends and insights. He currently leads our consumer sentiment and insights work across Europe, and recently led McKinsey’s European report, the State of Grocery. Previously, he spent time mapping Generation Z across Asia–Pacific.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- building a new customer engagement and subscription platform for an apparel retailer
- building a new revenue growth management approach for a globally leading, fast-moving consumer-goods organization with a focus on optimizing its promotional approach and new pack formats
- leading a comprehensive commercial spending optimization and allocation strategy using advanced analytics for a global beverage company
- defining a detailed go-to-market approach and assortment strategy for consumer-packaged-goods companies in Australia using advanced analytics
- leading multiple due diligences of European and Asia–Pacific assets within the retail, natural food, and beauty industries
Thomas is a frequent speaker and presenter at a variety of consumer events on global and local consumer topics.