As a hands-on visionary and globally recognized thought leader, Stefan leads the firm’s service design work within McKinsey Design, with a strong focus on employee experience. He helps clients develop the capabilities required to embed new ways of thinking into their organizations and facilitate the change that enables them to exceed customer expectations.
A recipient of the world’s first master’s degree in service design with contagious energy and 18 years of international experience, Stefan is sought after as a senior advisor, executive coach, and keynote speaker. He sets out to empower organizations, enabling corporate change with people-driven innovation that helps them exceed the customer expectations of the future. Stefan has worked with governments, public-sector organizations, and global brands.
Passionate about people-driven innovation, Stefan brings deep knowledge of marketing, design, and technology in tandem with a practical understanding of service innovation, customer experience, and change management. He is a customer-experience champion and expert, distinguished spokesperson, and advocate within the global service-design community.
Examples of Stefan’s recent engagements include the following:
- helping reimagine fully digital health insurance to create superior customer experience
- supporting a government entity in integrating service-design capabilities
- helping a utility market leader cocreate with customers and innovate new value propositions
- elevating a bank’s business-to-business customer experience from fifth place to first in customer satisfaction
- guiding a telecommunication company’s digital transformation to align with future customer expectations
Stefan has served on the board of the Service Design Network, headed the Technical Council of the Expressions of Humankind Foundation, and directed the service design course at the Berghs School of Communication.