Rupert is a senior expert based in our Canberra office working in the People & Organizational Performance and Public & Social Sector Practices.
Following an array of rewarding public- and private-sector leadership roles, Rupe helps clients across a range of sectors to achieve stronger performance and organizational health by designing structural and process changes incorporating the human factors of culture and leadership.
Some examples of Rupe’s recent work include the following:
- one-on-one CEO coaching during transformations
- designing a leadership development continuum for a large defense organization, and the roadmap for implementing it
- creating a new portfolio-wide operating model for a transport infrastructure organization
- redefining ways of working for a research and development agency
- analyzing a large public organization’s culture, then designing an inclusivity change model
Prior to joining McKinsey, Rupe had a distinguished career in the Australian Defence Force, and enjoyed many command roles and deployments, rising to the rank of brigadier, and served as the commandant of the Royal Military College of Australia and the director-general of Army leadership.
He has held senior diplomatic service roles in France, Algeria, and Morocco, and has helped organizations navigate complex community and resilience development work, including during the 2019-2020 Australian bushfires.
Outside of work, Rupe can often be found enjoying the great Australian outdoors, where he enjoys a variety of sports, running and skiing. He also loves to cook, read, and spend time with loved ones.