Rob is a partner in the firm’s Operations Practice. His work with clients includes driving efficiency and performance in corporate and business functions, including finance, HR, IT, and other general and administrative departments.
Rob leads the firm’s automation-at-scale work within corporate and business functions. His primary focus is on the application of automation technologies, such as robotic process automation, machine learning, and natural language processing.
Examples of his recent client experience include the following:
- establishing an enterprise automation program at a financial-services company, delivering more than 30 percent of bottom-line impact across multiple operations functions
- architecting and launching the business transformation group at a utility, deploying digital and automation technologies across 26 end-to-end processes, such as record-to-report and source-to-pay
- leading a cleansheet redesign of record-to-report process at a bank using automation technologies (such as robotic process automation, machine learning, and natural language generation) to generate more than 30 percent in gains
- designing a new operating model for a large technology company with approximately 6,000 full-time employees across sales, finance, contracting, and procurement
- leading the creation of a McKinsey Idea Bank to codify more than 1,400 improvement levers from across multiple industries for finance, IT, HR, and other support functions
Before joining McKinsey, Rob was a vice president in the operations group of a private-equity firm based in New York. While there, he was responsible for the financial and operational performance of portfolio companies based in the United States and Japan.
Rob also worked for multiple divisions of a multinational conglomerate, most recently as a Six Sigma Master Black Belt in the commercial-finance group.