Prakash has worked extensively across capital-intensive industries, including metals and mining, oil and gas, chemicals, and infrastructure. His experience ranges from early stage concept optimization through late-stage construction turnaround. Recent focus areas include transforming capital projects through digital and helping develop Africa’s infrastructure.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- applying lean construction techniques at two $10 billion megaprojects to identify and eliminate risk, saving more than a year on the project schedule
- evaluating and addressing contractual risks, claims, and counterclaims for a major brownfield refurbishment
- optimizing a $30 billion capital project portfolio for a large infrastructure company, achieving immediate savings of more than 10 percent
- establishing a capital scrubbing and optimization team for a global petrochemical company, with savings to date of more than $1 billion
- providing end-to-end optimization for a heavy-haul railway and port system, with a net present value boost of more than $400 million
Prior to joining McKinsey, Prakash spent 6 years with Element Six, a subsidiary of De Beers, where he led a team responsible for advancing the high pressure and temperature technology for diamond synthesis.