Onno primarily advises leading companies in the consumer and retail sectors as they hone corporate strategy and pursue performance transformation. Leveraging advanced analytics, he helps functional areas such as strategy, operations, and HR make better use of digital platforms and adopt agile ways of working while transforming their operating models.
Since joining McKinsey in 2012, Onno has served companies in Africa, Europe, and North America.
Examples of Onno’s recent client work include the following:
- leading an operating model transformation for a global consumer goods company, including adapting agile ways of working and setting up global business services
- setting a strategy for a consumer goods company to rethink sources of value across geographies, channels, and categories
- launching a new business unit—including defining the strategy and operating model—for a major apparel manufacturer to capture growth in an adjacent category
- developing an advanced analytics strategy and building a center of excellence for a global beverage company
- architecting an agile operating model to guide ecommerce marketing for a large consumer company
- developing a plant transformation program optimizing manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution for a major European food manufacturer
- developing a digital omnichannel strategy and consumer journey for a consumer goods manufacturer direct to consumer channel
- creating a strategic planning process for a global food and ingredients manufacturer
- transforming a major beverage manufacturer’s operating model by designing and rolling out functional strategies across more than 30 markets