Olivier leads our Capital Excellence Practice in Asia, and coleads our Operations Practice. He brings extensive experience in large-scale operational transformations across industries, including mining, upstream and downstream steel and aluminum, oil and gas, energy generation, automotive, and consumer goods.
He also has deep expertise in postmerger management and capital projects across industries, specifically in lean construction, commissioning, ramp-up, and business-case, concept, and design optimization.
Since joining McKinsey in 1996, Olivier has worked in Africa , Asia, Australia, the Middle East, North America, Russia, and Western Europe.
Recent examples of Olivier’s client work include the following:
- developing a project organization and associated processes and tools in the petrochemicals industry
- applying lean construction in the energy and mining industries and conducting rapid assessment and optimization of major mining projects
- improving project execution in major oil and gas projects—for example, in four Asian mega-projects valued at over $15 billion each
- formulating a methodology to generate, optimize, and conduct capital projects for a leading steel producer
- optimizing an upstream project and a greenfield plant in the steel industry
- creating a greenfield power-plant design
Olivier developed or codeveloped some of McKinsey’s reference material on capital projects—including lean design and ramp-up of major greenfield projects—and he coauthored the book CAPEX Excellence: Optimizing Fixed Asset Investments, released in July 2009.