Ole Christian is a partner in McKinsey’s Private Equity & Principal Investors Practice and leads the practice in Norway.
With over 20 years of experience from M&A and transformations in a variety of industries, Ole Christian has extensive knowledge in supporting principal investors and corporations in acquiring, transforming, and divesting businesses.
His main body of work includes the following:
- buy-side and sell-side transaction processes as an advisor for private equity, as well as corporate entities, where he is among our most experienced commercial due diligence experts
- transformational value creation programs for portfolio companies and corporations, including add-on acquisitions, organizing for growth, digitization, and working capital optimization from acquisition to exit
- post-merger integration programs across geographies and sectors
- splits or carve-outs of noncore business units from private-equity portfolio companies to maximize value creation
- financially distressed situations where he simplifies and prioritizes options for decision makers when faced by difficult and time-pressed choices
Ole Christian is passionate about principal investing as an important lever to create continued economic prosperity for countries transitioning away from a resource-intensive economy. He advises private-equity funds on strategies to benefit from the tailwinds of these transitions.
Finally, Ole Christian has a keen interest in consumer goods and retail where he supports clients along the food and apparel-company supply chains.