Naveen is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Chennai office and leads our Sustainability Practice in India. During his 18 years with the firm, he has led several large-scale, multi-year transformations, with a strong focus on transforming culture and building capabilities.
Naveen strongly believes that Corporate India is the key to driving more sustainability projects and eco-friendly initiatives in the country. He led the first McKinsey research project on long-term capitalism in 2011 and is committed to helping executives integrate sustainable solutions into their businesses, including supporting them in their decarbonization efforts.
Naveen returned to India after nine years in Australia, where he set up and ran the firm’s Perth office and helped build the firm’s electric power and utility work in the region.
Examples of Naveen’s recent client projects include the following:
- leading a research study on the decarbonization of India
- leading a comprehensive business transformation for a A$6 billion Australian agri-cooperative
- leading a business transformation for several Australian utilities across the public and private sectors
- designing the digital strategy for an Australian health insurer
- creating an analytics capability for a large Australian retail conglomerate
- leading a business transformation at an Australian mining company, including comprehensive scope covering all business areas over an 18-month period
Naveen has co-authored several articles and publications and regularly speaks at public forums, including at the India COP26 event organised by the climate change group.