Michael has helped hundreds of companies in all sectors on the transformational journey from the industrial economy to the digital age. He has helped many top-leadership teams undergo the personal transformations needed to design new strategies and business models, build new organizational capabilities, and lead in new and powerful ways.
Since rejoining McKinsey, Michael has advised top public and private enterprises in Africa, the Americas, Asia–Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. He leads the firm’s global community of senior practitioners who work with top teams and senior leaders to design, build, and lead agile transformations that accelerate and sustain organizational performance. Michael’s focus is helping executives develop new mind-sets and capabilities that enable them to reimagine their leadership, organizations, and ecosystems for the 21st century.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading an enterprise-wide agile transformation of a major pharmaceutical company, engaging hundreds of senior leaders and thousands of team members in reshaping its organizational design and culture throughout Asia–Pacific, Europe, and North America
- enabling a global agribusiness company to implement agility, engaging the top team and worldwide divisional leadership teams, launching a senior-level design effort to reimagine key business and operating models, and building new capabilities globally
- helping the top team and senior leaders of a leading Latin American bank develop the mind-sets and skills they need to scale an agile pilot into an enterprise-wide agile transformation
- helping the top team of a major retailer in Mexico accelerate and broaden its agile transformation
- working with the senior leaders of a South Korean telecommunications operator to scale agility across the enterprise
Michael is an active writer and speaks frequently at business events, sharing insights on the power of agile transformation. Before joining McKinsey, he launched and led a global strategic-consulting practice and founded and built three boutique professional companies focused on executive search and development, digital strategy and solutions, and agile transformation. Michael has served on the board of several not-for-profit organizations.