Mengwei is a partner in McKinsey’s Shanghai office and specializes in our Healthcare Systems & Services Practice. He is also a geographical leader of the McKinsey Health Institute in China. He advises clients from both public and private sectors on healthcare-related topics, including hospital strategy and operations, digital health, primary and specialty care chains, senior care and rehabilitation, public health, and healthcare industry planning.
The recent highlights of Mengwei’s projects include the following:
- orchestrating the building of a digital-enabled health ecosystem for a leading financial conglomerate, which included business models for governments, payers, patients, providers, and physicians
- leading national-level support for COVID-19 emergency response on epidemic modeling and subsequently recommending a new framework for the public health emergency response system
- developing strategic positioning for a national university focusing on healthcare for a regional government in China; evaluated academic focuses and designed industry ecosystem supporting the university
- prioritizing $1.5 billion of investment opportunities related to healthcare services for a leading Chinese conglomerate and defined entry strategy, allowing clients to expand into primary care clinics and senior housing
- conceptualizing business and operation models for a rapid-growing venture in primary care clinics; examined competitive landscapes, and designed strategic roadmap through franchise and public-private partnership
Prior to joining McKinsey, Mengwei worked in corporate finance and investment.