Meera has spent a decade working with leading healthcare organizations on strategy and performance transformations. She serves regional and national health-insurance companies, health systems, state and local health- and human-services agencies, and institutional investors. Her client services include growth and innovation, M&A, program integrity, technology-enabled business-model transformation, and transition from fee-for-service to value-based payment models.
Meera also leads McKinsey’s Medicaid and state health- and human-services domain. She oversees McKinsey’s proprietary-asset development, client outreach, and external reputation activities on Medicaid. Meera has been a featured speaker and panelist at numerous industry events, including the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association National Summit, the National Governors Association learning collaborative, Medicaid Health Plans of America, and McKinsey’s annual healthcare client conferences.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- transforming the end-to-end performance for multiple regional health plans
- designing and deploying a portfolio of value-based payment models regarding care, total costs, and primary-care capitation for public and private payers
- launching new or adjacent businesses focused on healthcare technology and services
- performing due diligence on behalf of institutional investors for assets focused on Medicaid and duals
- supporting states on business-process redesigns, system assessments, and developing alternative strategies to allow timely, high-quality Medicaid management information system (MMIS) replacement
Meera serves on the Board of the United Hospital Fund, the nation’s oldest federated charity.