Matthew has extensive experience in architecting and leading large-scale transformation programmes across both front- and back-office operations. Working across the spectrum from customer experience to turnaround situations, he brings a breadth of service operations expertise to deliver the next generation operating model by incorporating levers from digital and automation through to classic lean and outsourcing.
Matthew works with clients to understand the nuances of their business models and the challenges and opportunities they face, helping them enable operations as a means of delivering distinctive impact.
Recent examples of Matthew’s client work include the following:
- designing a holistic operations-transformation programme for a global leasing organisation
- leading the retail banking and operations transformation programme at a European Bank
- developing and executing the front- and back-office operations transformation as part of a turnaround for a utility organisation
- designing end-to-end customer journey transformations for a utility organisation
- leading the operations strategy for a pan-European travel operator
Before joining McKinsey, Matthew worked in financial services for 13 years across a range of operational-leadership, business-development, and large-scale IT-transformation roles.