Martin is a senior partner in our Buenos Aires office, and leads the firm’s work in energy and basic material in Latin America. In the last five years, he has led more than 50 projects spanning a wide range of topics such as strategy, M&A, organizational turnaround, stakeholders management, and operations.
Some of his recent client work includes the following:
- defining the mining strategy for a Latin America conglomerate and refocusing its investment portfolio on new commodities and regions
- leading three different M&A and integration projects across Latin America
- defining investment priorities for a major steel company and redesigning its long-term global strategy
- strategically planning and budgeting processes for an integrated oil company to ensure alignment between operational, financial, and accounting metrics and systems
- aiding in the operational redesign of several metal and mining companies in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Brazil, and Mexico
- guiding the performance operations improvement at multiple gold mines in the Americas to create the next level of a cascading performance-management system, thereby ensuring clarity and focus on operations
- fixing cost-reduction programs across different industries in Brazil, Argentina, and Colombia
- transforming the mining and oil and gas sector for a Latin American agency, including institutional and regulatory redesign, and improving its efficiency and increasing its economic relevance
Martín has participated as a keynote speaker in many business events in Latin America and is a published author of several articles in leading business publications. Furthermore, Martín has been working at McKinsey for more than 20 years. Previously, he worked in investment banking in London and private equity in Argentina.