Markus is a leader of McKinsey’s Advanced Electronics Practice and a coleader of the firm’s machinery and industrial-automation work in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. He advises machinery and industrial-automation, semiconductor, and high-tech clients on a range of issues, including procurement, contracting, performance transformation, and aftermarket services. He is also a coconvener of McKinsey’s Industrials Leaders’ Summit and CFO roundtable, which are platforms to convene, share, and debate topics affecting the industrial space and the broader ecosystem.
Examples of Markus’s recent client experience include the following:
- advising on the construction of a production system for a plant manufacturer in the solar industry
- developing a program to increase the efficiency of the R&D network of a hardware-infrastructure company
- conducting a project to optimize the supply chain for a German machine and plant manufacturer
- supporting more than 15 projects to optimize engineering and manufacturing capabilities in the manufacturing, high-tech, and semiconductor industries
- advising on digital-business building for a high-tech company in China
- setting up a digital factory for an equipment producer in the semiconductor industry
- designing the vertical-integration strategy for an industrial-automation company
- leading more than 20 transformations and restructuring efforts for organizations in the machinery and industrial-automation sector
During a five-year leave from McKinsey, Markus was the managing director of a garage chain and a European champion in the automotive aftermarket. After that, he served as the managing director at a global market leader in photovoltaic machinery and plant engineering.