As a partner in the McKinsey Digital Practice globally, Marcus helps companies transform their business through the use of data, analytics, and digital capabilities, leading to meaningful performance breakthroughs. Working across sectors, he helps identify strategic opportunities and build the analytics capabilities necessary to capture sustained growth.
Marcus utilizes his expertise to help clients get ahead of the trend toward increasingly interconnected businesses, in which companies must share data in order to serve customers. These emerging business ecosystems require executives to develop partnerships and innovate their value chains. Against this backdrop, he helps identify multisector data solutions and related business-model innovations.
Marcus works with companies around the globe, including Asia, Latin America, and North America. He has also spent several years working in Brazil.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- creating a new data ecosystem and data-monetization business for a multisector conglomerate, encompassing telecommunications, retail, banking, and insurance companies
- launching a new data aggregation business and monetization platform in South East Asia, focused on offering unique services in marketing, risk management, and operations based on telecommunication data
- orchestrating a joint venture between a telecommunications company and an insurance carrier to create a telecom assurance capability
- developing and implementing a data operating model and data architecture for a global mining company
- defining an analytical business strategy and center-of-excellence operating model for a large reinsurance carrier, including the spinoff of a separate analytics business
- developing a data and analytics strategy for a large universal bank, including building an advanced-analytics unit to support better risk management, marketing, classical and digital distribution, and customer service
To raise awareness of the power of analytics, Marcus has published articles on current trends and business opportunities. He is fluent in English, German, and Portuguese.