Marcus leads participatory-design processes for McKinsey Design, connecting deep consumer insights with long- and short-term business objectives across consumer packaged goods (CPG) and retail. He thrives on working closely with both client stakeholders and consumers, functioning as the bridge between insight and relevance on people-driven innovation projects. His expertise includes design thinking, facilitating creative interaction among individuals, and disruptive and incremental innovation work in B2C and B2B areas.
Examples of Marcus’s recent client engagements include the following:
- defining and developing a new format for a European retail convenience chain
- establishing a new cross-organizational process for customer-experience innovation and replenishing the pipeline for a global white-goods organization
- defining a new category and product innovation for a global health proposition
- innovating across the value chain of a global packaging client to identify new business opportunities and develop new business models
- establishing a global research program to redefine a product platform for a major international CPG company
Throughout his design career, Marcus has been the recipient of the Red Dot Design Team of the Year award, multiple Red Dot awards, and a gold award from International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA).