Manuel serves companies globally on operational transformations and turnarounds across several industrial sectors including high-tech, medical devices, chemicals, and mining. He also helps private equity investors to conduct due diligence and turn around portfolio companies.
Examples of Manuel’s work include the following:
- developing the operations strategy for a global manufacturer of printed-circuit boards, including the optimization of its footprint across North America and Asia, and establishing centers of excellence in procurement in China and Mexico
- leading an operations transformation program for a specialty chemicals company encompassing asset optimization using artificial intelligence and condition-based monitoring
- driving a full-cost transformation of a manufacturer of resin-coated sand to reduce engineering, procurement, and manufacturing expenditures by ten percent through pilot-and-scale improvement programs in each area
- conducting a procurement transformation project for a leading copper producer over a $3 billion spend base including category management and operating model redesign, identifying and capturing 12 percent savings in key categories
- reducing the procurement costs of six of the largest home builders in North America by 13 percent in their most critical categories through a combination of design improvements and strategic sourcing
- leading more than 20 due diligence and operations improvement projects for private equity groups and their portfolio companies in multiple businesses, including electronic components, mining, chemicals, and building products across North America and Asia
Before joining McKinsey, Manuel was a managing director at a global leading consulting firm where the focus of his work was on helping companies improve their financial and operational performance leveraging big data and advanced analytics.
Manuel has also been an entrepreneur; he first founded a technology company which provided marketing services and loyalty solutions with operations in Europe and Latin America. He also founded and led a consulting firm that became one of the largest operations practices in Latin America.