As senior creative lead, strategist, and long time team leader for McKinsey Design, Malin optimizes deep functional expertise in design and innovation, customer experience, and design thinking to serve global clients across industries. She drives innovation challenges in the energy and logistics sectors as well as within public and social services, often with a focus on sustainability and circular economy. Her advocacy and superior knowledge of people-driven innovation ensure that solutions make a difference for individuals, the environment, society, and businesses.
Examples of Malin’s recent client engagements include the following:
- leading the creative development of a scalable process for recycling in low income communities, including tools to cocreate and adapt solutions for local conditions
- overseeing a multinational study on smart-home and energy solutions for a European energy provider and translating research findings into value propositions
- advising a national broadcast-communications organization on transitioning toward customer centricity and establishing new practices via cocreation and multidisciplinary capacity building
- leading strategy on a global front-end innovation study to uncover new value propositions in food packaging, including services and smart products, and developing new ecosystems that leverage data to enhance value for customers
- helping a national retail grocery chain shape both the customer journey and a new membership and loyalty program, with work that included ethnographic research, service innovation, and cocreation
Malin received the Red Dot Design Team of the Year award and has served as jury captain for the Core 77 Design Awards. She is a frequent lecturer, keynote speaker, and advisor on customer experience, design strategy, and people-driven innovation