Lukasz focuses on helping clients in oil and gas, petrochemicals, metals, and electric power respond effectively to the major global trends affecting their industries, such as energy transition, growing technological and supply chain complexity, and need for lean and cost-effective operations. He is passionate about helping national oil companies transform into world class energy companies that will play a major role in driving the transition into a less carbon-intensive world.
Lukasz leads McKinsey’s work in oil and gas downstream in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. He is responsible for defining and driving McKinsey’s core value proposition across strategy, operations, digital, and sustainability. Lukasz is based in Doha, but his global experience includes significant time spent serving clients across all Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- supporting a large European downstream company in defining a decarbonization strategy across the entire asset portfolio, in light of the advancing energy transition and shifting regulatory landscape; the work included detailed baselining of greenhouse-gas emissions and assessing its impact on financial position, as well as designing an aspiration and a set of regulatory, organizational, governance, and technological actions
- supporting a leading Middle Eastern national oil company in supply-chain transformation aimed at improving its supply-chain robustness, driving localization and economic development, and upgrading supplier development
- Supporting a large petrochemical player in an end-to-end transformation program to reduce production cost and increase throughput; the program involved all major business areas—such as operations, commercial and support functions—and captured value well in excess of its cost
- assessing business impact of end-to-end value chain digitization for the energy sector of a Middle Eastern country and designing a roadmap to capture that impact, including identifying priority use cases and creating enablement foundations such as governance
- designing a growth strategy for a Middle Eastern mining company with international assets across multiple commodities
- helping an industry-leading metal smelter define the next wave— “from very good to great”—of operational improvements
- Supporting a global metals-and-mining company in building a central procurement function and capturing category-specific savings
Prior to joining McKinsey in 2008, Lukasz pursued an academic and research career. He holds a PhD in linguistics from the University of Pennsylvania. He has also developed the first Polish online chatterbot.