Kanika is the managing partner of the Mumbai office and leads the diversity and inclusion initiatives, known at the firm as “All In,” for McKinsey in India. She specializes in using digital plays to build solid brand portfolios and crafting innovative go-to-market strategies.
Kanika has worked with a variety of clients ranging from personal-care and beauty companies to food and beverage conglomerates and lifestyle retailers. Before joining McKinsey, she worked with some of the biggest brands in the country.
Examples of her recent work include the following:
- redefining the route to market for a leading personal care corporation in India
- rebranding an auto-ancillary company with a new identity
- developing a market-entry strategy for a beauty company and a dairy and cheese company
- defining the next growth lever for a consumer-tech leader
- developing a strategy for a start-up in the personal-care space
- leveraging business-building efforts for a lifestyle retail company that included an acquisition and definition of first-to-market value proposition
- building a mass-premium portfolio across makeup and skin care categories for a personal-care company